Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Special Stage Drops, Week 3

Note: Since I have a limited amount of feathers and gaming time, I changed my special stage farming routine to only stages 5-6 for each planet.
 
2/11
ME: NNR
GD: NNR
IT: Reckless Girl Renee (6 Star)*

2/12
IT: Rangers Potion, Robin Sindy (5 Star)
GD: Rangers Potion x2
ME: Dark Mage Clara (5 Star)

2/13
ME: Rangers Potion
GD: Rangers Potion, Trainee Brown (6 Star)
IT: Reckless Girl Renee (6 Star), Robin Sindy (5 Star)

2/14
IT: Rangers Potion x2
GD: Trainee Brown (6 Star)
ME: Rangers Potion

2/15**
IT: Rangers Potion x4
GD: Rangers Potion 
ME: Lucifer Cony

2/16
IT: Rangers Potion*
GD: NNR
ME: NNR

2/17  
IT: Max Level Up (6 Star), Rangers Potion x2
GD: Rangers Potion
ME: Rangers Potion x2

*Had fewer than five wins
**Farmed stage 4

Farming Tips: For IT6, I used the following team for 5/5 wins:
A: Red Hood Cony (70) & Clara (80), Vagabond Brown (105), Glenn (M), Fashionist Bella (M)
B: KSM (M), Rocker Xan (105), Black Moon (80), Carol Edward (M), Pink Cony (80)

Strategy: 
Phase I: Spam A team until you take the first tower. Bella and Glenn take first priority, followed by Vagabond Brown. Upgrade minerals to max during this time. If the enemy takes the second tower from the left before you take the first tower, use thunderstorm now - otherwise, use it after invincible runs out and before you use hellfire.

Phase II: When your front line is about to break, press freezer and throw in your B team. Follow up immediately (16 seconds later) with invincible. After invincible runs out, immediately use hellfire. Switch back to A team and spam until you win. Everyone in front of Clara will die, including everyone you called from your B team. Don't panic when this happens and keep pushing!

On some days, I only win 4/5 for IT6 because of bad timing in Phase I, but hopefully now that I've boosted both Clara and Cony on 2/16, this will change.

For IT5, I replaced Vagabond Brown with SoCo (M). 
Edit: I take it back, Vagabond works better.
Note: Almost everyone here can be obtained from stages :).
My upgrade levels:
Missile is finally pulling its weight!

Sally won't be getting her sunglasses for a long time.

I've shifted from upgrading minerals to upgrading the Sally missile, as I've noticed that my production rate is significantly faster than my combined ranger cool downs. If you can, try to lower the missile loading time, as Sally's missile can paralyze the enemy's front line for several seconds and is especially useful during the harder special stages. 

I also ended up feeding all of my Max Level Ups to Clara. I figured that she would be a permanent member of my team since she hits hard and has an awesome ability. If I had to replace a splasher, KSM would the first to go since he's the weakest one on my team. Plus, if I end up getting more Red Hood Claras, I'll master a second one for my B team :).

3 comments:

  1. Hello, you have done a good job to list your drop rate for special stage items.
    How about doing post for anything else? like a review for new stages, and so on.
    Maybe you could continue panicbutton's blog (http://linerangers.blogspot.com/), it has many readers but sadly it is closed down just now.
    Good luck for this blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I may add more guides later on - right now, I don't have much time to play Line Rangers.

      Delete
  2. I guess you'll be replacing panic button since she has already retired.

    ReplyDelete